Every blogger or digital marketer has one dream in common and that is they want their WordPress blog or site to rank higher in the Search engine results page ( SERP ). In this article, you will learn how to rank higher in Google with some easy to implement tips and ideas. I assure you that if you implement these ideas you will start ranking higher within 3 months. Please remember, there are no shortcuts to rank in Google within 24 hours, you have to keep patience for the results to come out.
In this article, you will understand the factors which are responsible for a site to rank higher in google. These are the most important factors for Google search ranking.
- High-Quality Content: You might have come across this popular sentence that says ” Content is king ” If not I explain to you in detail, If you want to rank higher, you should produce high-quality content. This is the very first and most important factor. Use info-graphics and photos to look at your content beautiful and engaging. There are many FREE tools available on the internet for a new blogger. Some of them are as follows.
- Canva: Create beautiful Info-graphics, thumbnails, and photos for your blog post. Its basic plan is FREE forever and if you need more feature you can upgrade to premium later. I use Canva for many years for my different blogs and found it an awesome tool for a blogger, with Canva you don’t need any technical skill to create a high-quality info-graphics or thumbnails. You can save a lot of money spent on graphic designing works and invest that amount to buy some quality SEO tools if you wish too.
- Grammarly: If you are not a native English speaker, you may face grammatical issues in your articles, or sometimes even if you are very good in English, you just forget something in the article which gives bad user experience to your blog readers. To avoid this use Grammarly that takes care of every single mistake you do while writing blog contents, It warns you to change the mistaken part and suggest your new word for that. This tool comes with a FREE version and it has a paid version too.
- Royalty-Free Photo: If you are picking a photo from google for your blog post, you are making a big mistake. Google takes it as duplicate contents and your site’s SEO power decreases. If you want to rank higher use royalty-free photo which you can download for FREE from sites like Pixabay and Pexels. This will add beauty to your article as well as it will improve your chances to rank higher and prevent any google penalty or image copyright issue.
- Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ): SEO is divided into three categories, the first one is technical SEO that includes the structure of your site and page loading speed. SE
Technical SEO covers following parts
- Fast Hosting Provider: You need to be selective while choosing your hosting provider because according to Google a site that loads faster ranks faster. These terms come under technical SEO and this is a very important factor for a site. There are many hosting providers that provide you fast page loading and free CDN ( Content Delivery Network ) If you are running your site on WordPress cms, we recommend Bluehost, Dreamhost and Siteground, you can choose any one of these best WordPress hosting providers recommended by WordPress.org.
- Fast WordPress Themes: this is also part of technical SEO, to rank higher in search results your site needs to load faster, and to load faster you need the fastest WordPress theme. We recommend Generatepress that provides loading time less than 1 seconds. Other themes that load faster are Astra and Neve.
- Submitting Site To Search Engines: To search engines find your site content easily and faster, you need to submit a sitemap to Google and other search engines like Bing, Yahoo, and Ask.com. This is the most important part you should never ignore.
The second category in SEO is on-page optimization. This involves writing a good title, researching low competition keywords to rank faster than others. I recommend using SEMrush which is a FREE SEO tool for keyword research, backlinks building, data analysis, keyword position tracker, and many useful features that make you a smart blogger. Click here to try SEMrush FREE for 7 days. You can read a complete guide on how to use SEMrush to rank your site below.
We recommend you to install Rankmath WordPress SEO plugin which helps you to rank higher in search engines and it’s FREE.
The third important part of SEO is Offpage optimization that requires hard work. You can use SEMrush to find related sites in your niche where you can create backlinks. This amazing tool gives you in-depth keyword ideas that are easy to rank for so instead of adding keywords blindly, research it, and then apply it into your blog posts to win the race.
You can create manual backlinks by replying in comment, creating profile in profile creation sites and posting article to article submission sites but don’t over do it. Let it look natural to Google and search engines to avoid any penalty in future.
I hope this article will help you to rank higher in google and other search engines. Please subscribe to us to receive regular updates. Thanks for reading this blog, keep learning keep earning.