What is Alexa Ranking
Alexa rank is a metric developed by Alexa.com that is used to evaluate the traffic of a website or blog. If a website has less Alexa rank means it’s better than other websites. Suppose if facebook world Alexa rank is 6, it means there are only 5 websites that are ahead of Facebook. It means Facebook is the world’s 6th largest website in terms of website traffic. In this article, you will learn to improve the Alexa ranking of your site. If you are new to blogging then you can read how to start a blog here.
How Alexa Rank Is Calculated
Alexa rank is calculated by a website’s estimated traffic and average watch time-on-site over a period of the last 3 months. Traffic plus engagements are two important factors that influence the Alexa rank of a website. Alexa rank is updated every day to maintain so it’s more accurate than other metrics of a website.
How to check Alexa rank
Its very simple! just install Alexa toolbar for chrome or Firefox and you can easily check a website’s Alexa ranking within seconds.
Why Alexa Rank Is Important
Alexa rank is a very important factor to determine the traffic and value of a website. Many digital marketing companies and web development agencies use Alexa rank when it comes to invest, buy, sell, and evaluate a website. Suppose if I have to choose some sites to buy, I will consider the Alexa rank as it is directly related to the website traffic.
Does Alexa Provide Higher Ranking To Their Paid Subscribers
No Alexa is top internet company that always maintain honesty and accuracy.
How To Improve Alexa Rank
- Increase website traffic: Alexa rank improves when your website traffic improves. To increase your Alexa ranking you need to increase website traffic through social media, email marketing, and search engine optimization. There are many tools that help you automate your social sharing jobs.
- Average time on site: This is the second most important factor that affects your Alexa rank. In order to improve your Alexa rank, you need to post engaging contents that grab the reader’s attention. If readers spend more time on your site reading your blog posts, it will help you increase your Alexa rank.
- Average Page view per visitor: This is another important factor for a good Alexa rank. You can engage your readers by offering them related posts in suggestions to increase more engagements and average page views.
- Build Quality Backlinks: You need to build some quality backlinks for your blog or website as this helps you get a better Alexa ranking. You can comment on other site’s blog posts to get a backlink for your blog in a natural way.
- Update your blog regularly: you must update your blog on a regular basis as it will help you get a better Alexa ranking. Keep posting new articles on regular basis, you can also update your old posts to keep the content up to date.
- Add Alexa Widget: adding an Alexa widget into your website also help you improve your Alexa rank. If you are having a WordPress blog, you can use a plugin to embed Alexa into your site.
- Technical SEO: This is another important factor that you need to consider for a good Alexa ranking. Technical SEO involves faster site loading time, a mobile-friendly site, the use of SEO plugins like Rankmath or Yoast, and submitting your site to google, bing, and other search engines to get your new posts indexed faster.
I hope this article will help you increase the Alexa ranking of your website. Please subscribe to our mailing list to receive our posts on regular basis, thank you for reading this article!